Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Dysarthria Speech Therapy Goals Speak Better at Home

Goals are critical for improvement of speecch for those with dysarthria

Dysarthria Speech Therapy Goals Speak Better at Home
Have goals for dysarthria
speech therapy

If you want to really succeed in speaking better it is vital that you have goals for speaking.  It's fun to make goals and watch yourself achieve them.  You can have goals in any area of life.

The secret to accomplishing goals to speak better for those with dysarthria


The secret to accomplishing goals for those with dysarthria, aphasia, or apraxia, is to write them down, Set a time and date to achieve it and a plan to make sure you are working on speech therapy goals for dysarthria every single day.  That will help you move towards that goal of speaking clearer so that others will understand you or your loved one.

Goals need to be written in the present tense, be really positive, and start with the word I.


Such as:  I am improving my speech every day as I follow the speech goals that I have set.  

I speak better and more clearly since I speak more slowly when I speak throughout the day.  

I speak so slowly that each words comes out more clearly.  

People are understanding me because my goal is to speak clearly whenever I speak with others.  

It is now 1 year later (date) and no one has to ask me to repeat myself anymore.  

I don't waste alot of time on busywork.  

I address my speaking clarity which is my most important speech goal.  

I am speaking more clearly each and every day and people are understanding me.

(These goals should also be adopted by the caregiver or family member since they will also be talking slowly with the method)

Those who achieve their goals waste no time in non-productive activities or avoiding what they must do to speak better.

Those who achieve their goals waste no time in non-productive activities or trying to decide.  They see an opportunity and jump on it!  They often realize that what they have tried in the past has not worked and it's time to try something new!  Here is the Teaching of Talking Method to Get You Started NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment